Friday, February 2

Home Again!

We're just back from holiday. No photos yet - we're having some camera problems. I love being back home after holidays. The old routine seems fresh and all those chores I've been putting off seem new again, all urgent and exciting.

The sky was bright and clear yesterday and so I worked in the sunshine in the garden. The garden is very sleepy and peaceful, with only snowdrops flowering and masses of daffodil shoots about 3-4inches tall. I started clearing away the wind-blown leaves at the front of the house, and then when the sun moved round I spent a cosy afternoon in the greenhouse, tidying and planting tomato seed.

One of the many lessons my first real quilt has taught me is that I ought to try quilting in a frame. And while we were cruising and my fingers industriously (it seems) softening up, I came to the conclusion that I should get one of those little lap frames that swivels and pivots, so I can be comfy in my armchair by the fire while I work. So I'm off now to go shopping!

3 comments:

Libby said...

Welcome back - glad to hear you have a lovely time. Give a report on how you feel about the lap frame. I have only used a regular hoop - no room for an honest-to-goodness-frame.

Diana said...

Glad to see that you are back. I've never used a lap frame either, just a smallish hoop. I'd like to know if the frame works.

His Office, My Studio said...

Welcome back! I have a small hoop frame on a stand. I have not used it in years.