Sunday, February 11

This and That

Not done a great deal of quilting, and Blogger has swallowed my last post on the subject. So here we go again. So far I have put these little stars in two of the corners of my log cabin quilt borders. It's difficult to get a good photo of the quilting. I'm thinking I'll do the same in the opposite corners, in gold thread. Need a trip to the Quilt Shop for that.

I started knitting this scarf just before we went on holiday, and have done a bit more the other evening. Someone gave my mother a 'knit your own scarf' kit at Christmas and somehow it found its way into my possession... It consisted of a pattern (for a scarf??), a pair of needles and three balls of hideously brightly coloured blue/green eyelash yarn. Much too bright for me! But I found some white eyelash in the local Wool Shop and I think this is rather fun. Needs a bit of tidying up, obviously. And I know a little girl who would just love one in red and black (ladybird colours).
Also, we have been doing some serious DIY in the house. The old en suite has GONE (and I did not take a photo of it so I could remember its hideousness for ever) and we are in the process of connecting up the new one. DH is plumber-extrodinaire as all the local tradesmen in this part of the world turned up their noses (you want to move the shower? and the bath? and the toilet? What for?) so progress is slow. But we are getting there.

6 comments:

Diana said...

The star look really good--they'll go with the stars in the center of the blocks. I love the scarf, too. Is the blue another yarn or a ribbon? It's hard to tell in the picture. Thanks for stopping in and commenting on my blog. Have a great week!

Forgetmenot said...

Hi Diana, It's all eyelash yarn. The plan is to tidy up the loose ends - I'm going to do that when I'm finished knitting. But doesn't it look fun with them all trailing about at the moment!

Libby said...

I like the star design you are doing in the border -- it's going to be a great quilt. I'm sure hoping to get to some hand-quilting in the near future. It's so relaxing.

Melzie said...

The stars look awesome :) That scarf looks yummy! xoxo melzie

Kim West said...

the stars are awesome!! what a neat idea!

Darlene said...

Beautiful projects!

Happy Valentine's Day!