Wednesday, February 21

WIP Wednesday 21 Feb


This is my new raggy quilt which I started last week. The colours are a bit stronger than the last couple I have made.



I love this dark brown fabric. There is a lovely flow to the pattern and it seems quite English to me, but not in a stuffy way. It reminds me quite a lot of William Morris's willow pattern. I decided to make blocks with 3 stripes, and alternate them with plain white blocks, but now that I've made a pile of them I'm having second thoughts and may well change the plan completely.

3 comments:

Diana said...

The raggy quilt looks sweet with the pinks and the hearts. By raggy do you mean the seams are exposed? I've seen that done with flannels.

scraphappy aka sandy said...

hi i stumbled to your blog through chris at somerset garden you are so lucky living so near the coast, your pics of it are lovely. i just have a thing for the sea,i love it. your quilt is stunning too

Debra Dixon said...

Both pieces remind me of the driftwood!