Tuesday, February 27

WIP Wednesday 28th February

Work continues on my 9patch (and it is a patch now - the striped blocks I showed last week have all been unpicked and transformed).



This particular block is very special - my first 9patch. I ditched my stainless steel 12inch ruler and bought a shiny new 6 by 24 inch omnigrip one and read a book about rotary cutting - and the difference is remarkable. These all fitted together like clockwork.




I'm less happy with the third fabric and am calling it the 'ugly one'.

2 comments:

Michele Bilyeu said...

Your nine patches are lovely...don't you just love making them and having the 'right' supplies helps so much! As for your 'ugly'fabric...I talked about that at my site a few blogs ago...I call my ugly quilts "the new beautiful"..as nothing is truly 'ugly'to everyone...there is still beauty in there! Keep up the good work! You're doing great!!!

Libby said...

Love that 'ugly' fabric - I am often drawn to what others find dull. I don't mind - there's something for everyone that way *s*