Thursday, November 9



Time for some sewing...what a lovely thing it is to be able to sew quietly in front of the telly these long dark evenings!
This is one of my first quilt blocks, and of the nine made so far, the colours in this one make it my favouite. I started making these back in september, having recently re-read some of Laura Ingalls-Wilder's books. I found the Dove in the Window pattern on the Quilter's Cache, and then thought about all those 5inch squares that I had bought off ebay for no particular good reason...For a beginner, I think the block is OK. But it won't lie flat. Mil says why does it need to if you're going to put batting in it. But I'm not sure. I will give it a bit of a break, and then review my templates. Maybe they're not quite right.

Still waiting for my parcel to arrive!!!

No comments: