Friday, November 17



I made four of these blocks for the new quilt yesterday. It's going to be scrappy! The pattern says to place all the reds and greens at random, so that's pretty much what I'm doing. And hoping the overall effect will be nice to look at. I don't have much of an eye for colour, preferring colours that occur in the natural world around me. I suppose this makes me quite conservative in what I choose but now my eyes are opening a little, due to looking at quilting resources and blogs on the internet. (A big thank you to all who have quilting blogs!). I'm starting to think about the next project after this one.
Won't these be lovely colours for hand quilting in December?

To get to the computer I usually have to deal with this kind of very comfortable problem, sitting on my chair.

Oh. And the floor. It's still bare. Even barer, if it's possible, as I spent most of yesterday afternoon crawling around on it taking out staples!

3 comments:

QuiltingFitzy said...

I just printed 60 blank paper piecing blocks for log cabin blocks, and I also want to do red and green...or red and white around a gold center...*sigh*...I just can't decide!

I've been so fond of log cabins for soooo long! I'll be watching your project, it's terrific so far.

Granny Fran said...

Your log cabin block is knock out gorgeous! I always say that the prettiest things in the world are red and green: strawberries, watermelon, Christmas.

Debra Dixon said...

No color sense? Oh, come on! Love those colors together that you have used in your Log Cabin block!