Friday, November 10

She's here! She came yesterday. By 2pm I had given up on getting any mail yesterday, and went into town on some errands. I wandered in the library and went to the shop, and it was sunset by the time I got home. Checked the mailbox on the way into the house - there was the card! So I weighed it up (briefly), and made another 13mile round trip back into town and - here she is! !

She sews beautifully. Before dinner I made some little muslin bags for sprouting seeds in, out of left-over curtain stuff. Then I found an old pattern and made one of these:

Then it was 11.30pm and I have no idea what happened to the evening. Total endorphin haze!!

I decided to take part in an online 'swap' of sorts, that is doing the rounds amongst crafting bloggers at the moment. I had been resisting, mostly due to not being confident and being new to blogging. Then I noticed that one of my favourite bloggers, Cathi, was offering to make stuff and all of a sudden I wanted to take part. (I guess that's the world of blog....and I think I have been officially sucked in now!!!) As part of the deal, and to spread the love, as it were, I am offering five small handcrafted gifts to five people who email me..the first five who get in touch. Oh, and to qualify you need to offer to do the same on your own blog. Easy! So - any takers?



1 comment:

Cathi said...

That chicken is too cute! I would have gone back for a sewing machine too!!