Thursday, November 23

OK, OK, so I missed WIP Wednesday. Sorry. Not a good show for a newbie, is it? But it's mostly all been blogged anyway, so I don't feel quite as bad. Here's a pic of a couple of appliqed squares I made on Tuesday for the pink quilt.


I don't even like pink, so I think this will be the last quilt like this I make.




Yesterday just went west at an alarming rate - and we don't even keep thanksgiving here, so I don't have that excuse.... (Athough I have to say I am thinking of instigating it at our house. We could really use some celebrations at this time of year. It's getting darker and darker in the mornings and Christmas sometimes feels like a long way away). Anyway yesterday we went to Inverness to upgrade my mobile (I can't do it over the internet as I need to press the buttons to make sure it's tactile enough to be fun to use - nothing worse than pressing 'buttons' and then having to check that it's registered with the phone what you're trying to do). That makes two days I've gone to Inverness this week, and that is two too many for me! Anyway we came home with not a phone but a laptop, so the evening was spent setting that up and trying to remember passwords etc.

3 comments:

jenclair said...

This looks so touchable. My nephew judges everything by how it feels, and I bet there would be a feast here.

I'd rather have fewer big holidays. Things get so complicated with everyone trying to get straight with everyone else's plans. I'd have a small "Family Thanksgiving Day," and a "First Day of Fall," or "Hot Chocolate Day" or...anything small and easier to coordinate.

Deb Hardman said...

Your pieces look very cozy, & feminine. Sweet.

I think Americans like to party. We seem to have to celibrate something every month. Sometimes it feels very commercial, & I'd swear the greeting card companies invented the holidays just so people would buy cards! I've done my best to foil them all though by making my own!

I've always loved Thanksgiving though, it's one day that to me was all about family being together. My childhood memories of living in a tiny house, & setting up tables in the livingroom to accomidate all the relatives. The whole house smelling of roasting turkey, & grandpa saying the blessing. I loved those days.

YankeeQuilter said...

Next year I think I will stay home and celebrate Thankgiving...somehow chicken curry didn't feel right!

Siobhan