Friday, December 21

Quilting

We have had a heavy frost all this week. This is currently in my hoop, and keeping me cosy by the fireside. It is a baby quilt with 35 4-patches made from a single charm pack - the 4-patches measure 3.5"square as I have to cut off the edges before I start. I wanted the sashing to be heavily quilted, but what I have done is too busy for my liking, and I have some changes in mind for the next 'round'.



'Under the Stars' came out from its resting-place a couple of weeks ago, and I quilted a diamond pattern in the borders. I had put the stars in two of the corners last year, not with a great deal of success. It's difficult with a hoop to keep the 3 layers evenly stretched in the corners. Next time I will use many more pins! Now I need to remember where I put the binding fabric...

2 comments:

Libby said...

Beautiful . . . there is just nothing like hand quilting!

bearhugs62 said...

Such a beautiful quilt. You do beautiful work. I have recently started quilting. And I love it.I learn a little more with each quilt I make.