Thursday, December 6

New Cooker



This is our new cooker. I've been meaning to post a photo for a while now. It is a refurbished pre-1970s model which we had brought up from somewhere near Birmingham, I think. We have had a few teething problems, but are getting on top of them now, I think. It burns (guzzles) oil, which is generally a bad thing - but we will only run her for 6 months of the year, and will change to a different fuel when it becomes available locally. Having this thing running makes a huge difference to our house. It was rather miserable here last winter. This year, for a few reasons, things are much better.

Oh and she makes great tasting food!

2 comments:

Libby said...

What a delightful vintage piece. I can see why you enjoy it's addition to your home.

Jane Ann said...

She's beautiful! Have you named her? Alas, it's too warm where I live to have an Aga.