Tuesday, May 15

Something quilt-related (for a change)

Now I need something to restore my good spirits. Maybe a somewhat quilty post? There's nothing in this stack of 32 blocks to raise my spirits...my glass is half empty here...I need 36, and this week I am struggling for time to sew.

Nope, no. Not careless raggy applique.



Aha! A fistful of new fabric! That's more like it!


I don't even need to think about preparing them. Sometimes it's nice just to spread tham out and look at them, all full of possibilities.
I might do that a little more, they're so pretty.

"I'm going to peck you if you don't put down the camera and give me some crumbs" I'm working on some pet portraits. This is Billy, our only cockerel and poor Charlie's brother (BTW we candled Charlie's eggs, and so far it's all looking good). He's a bit cross 'cos he's just been bullied by Dugald (our drake). Our poultry are free range, and there's plenty of space so the bullying is more comic than serious.

Here are some seal pups we saw at the weekend on sandbanks on Loch Fleet - you might see them better by clicking on the photo.
<

6 comments:

Libby said...

That looks like just the right 'pick-me-up' stack of fabrics. Lots of fun to play with.
Question: How come I can't sun myself on the beach like that without feeling ridiculous? I would very much look just like the photo. *s*

Patti said...

Oh, what beautiful fabrics! These are sure to cheer you up and get your creative juices flowing.

Love the chicken picture. And the seal pups. You live in such a beautiful place.

Chrissie said...

Really enjoyed your seal pic :-) We went on a boat trip from Ullapool a few years ago and saw seals but the minute the boat came along side them they all flopped into the water :-) I have never seen anything like them down here or though occasionally we see them in the water.

Rowan said...

Love the photo of Billy - what a handsome bird. The seal photo is lovely too, what an idyllic place you live in.

Wendy said...

The fabrics look great, just need to find the right pattern. I look though all my magazines with I need some inspiration.
The chicken picture is so cute, he doesn't even look camera shy.

Beertje Zonn said...

Hello,

I lyke your fabrics too, beautiful!
Regards,

Sonnja from the Netherlands